Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Melissa (featuring Misha) | Portraits

Melissa contacted me a few months ago about doing some portraits. In her email she wrote:

“I’m a soprano studying Performing Art at UP, as you know and I hope to one day be the next Anna Netrebko or Callas. I only wear black and I’m obsessed with black and white photography, vintage-anything, French, Piaf, jazz and pearls.”

I did most of their photos in black and white and felt it worked better that way anyway.
Joining her for the shoot was her pianist (and friend), Misha.

M & M 01  M & M 02    M & M 03  M & M 04  These ladies are so incredibly beautiful that it made photographing them a breeze

M & M 05  M & M 06

The main reason Melissa wanted me to take photos for her was to use them for posters for her end of year recital. If you’d be interested in going to hear her sing, the details are as follows:

Date: Friday, 16 Nov 2012
Time: 19h30
Venue: Musaion, University of Pretoria, Hatfield Campus
Dress: Semi-formal

Melissa also bakes killer cupcakes!

For more photos check out my Facebook page

b&w chanique

No comments: